I am retired, but I work part-time as a handyman. Do I need special insurance coverage for my truck, which I use when I'm hired to make repairs?

Unless you are driving passengers around frequently, a personal auto policy may be all you need. A commercial policy may serve an independent contractor—such as a carpenter or landscaper—well if the vehicle is used for business purposes more than half the time. Keep in mind that your personal auto policy must have increased limits to cover equipment that is permanently attached to your vehicle.

Bruce Matthews

C. Bruce Matthews, CWM®, CTEP®
Founder Of Truoptions

With over 25 years of
experience in aiding North
Carolinians, Bruce Matthews
is the choice as a
knowledgeable partner
to help you understand
your insurance and
financial options.