How do I handle a claim if I cause an accident?

You will file a first-party claim with your insurance company if you own your vehicle and boast collision insurance. Your insurance company may then issue a check to you, the shop that repairs or vehicle, or both of you. The lending institution may be named on the check if you have a lease or a loan, and of course, you'll also be responsible for paying your deductible. In the event that other vehicles were involved in the accident, the insurance company will settle with the other drivers—likely without your involvement.

Bruce Matthews

C. Bruce Matthews, CWM®, CTEP®
Founder Of Truoptions

With over 25 years of
experience in aiding North
Carolinians, Bruce Matthews
is the choice as a
knowledgeable partner
to help you understand
your insurance and
financial options.